So, here’s the thing, I’ve been trying to figure out how to write this post since I finished Ocean Light last year on August 17. I started Slave to Sensation on June 3, 2018 and finished Silver Silence on July 22, 2018. I then had an agonizing waiting period for my next Audible credit, but eventually I had it. In the interim, I started re-reading the series. The problem is that I’ve still got no idea what I want this post to look like. So I’m first going to point you to two different articles that might hit your Psy-Changeling sweet spot: Aarya’s defense of my beloved Sienna and Zaira and Dani’s series wrap up.
And now… I’m going to force myself to answer questions so that I can one day look back on this as amused as I was when I looked at the spreadsheet Aarya created and discovered I had rated Kaleb and Sahara 26/26 (aka my least favorite hero/heroine) a few months ago!
Favorite Heroines of Psy-Changeling
- Sienna Lauren Snow – My precious bb. I love her. I loved seeing her support Hawke in Wolf Rain, I love seeing her grow up, I love seeing her with Hawke, I love seeing her with Toby and Marlee. I just love Sienna.
- Silver Fucking Mercant – Queen of my heart and totally capable of taking over the entire world. I love Silver. She’s incredible. She’s so strong and organized and amazing and I LOVE HER so much.
- Zaira – I love her. She would cut people UP if they came after her people and I LOVE that.
- Memory – Like, tbh, our newest heroine is a bloodthirsty E and I identified with her HARD. I love Memory.
- Sascha – I just… I have such a soft spot in my heart for my precious Sascha. She was our first heroine!! And I love her so much.
Favorite Heroes of Psy-Changeling
- Valentin – I love him. He’s got such a big heart. Like, just the biggest heart.
- Aiden Kai – LIGHT OF MY LIFE. He’s so loyal and good and he really doesn’t seem to get that he is SO WORTHY.
- Vassic Zen – See above. My precious Arrow babies.
- Hawke – My precious alpha. I love him always and forever.
- Judd – Did I mention my precious Arrow babies? I just… I love them.
- Kiss of Snow is my favorite, always and forever.
- Silver Silence
- Shards of Hope
- Play of Passion
- Shield of Winter
- Hawke and Sienna, obvs.
- Aiden and Zaira
- Valentin and Silver (should they be second??? Maybe? Probably???)
- Lucas and Sascha
- Riley and Mercy
- Secrets at Midnight
- Whisper of Sin
- Partners in Persuasion
- Stroke of Enticement
Top Five Moments in the Entire Series
- Hawke picking Sienna up at the bar and calling her “baby” (Note: The author is exhibiting remarkable self-restraint and has not started replaying the Kiss of Snow audiobook for the fourth time.)
- Zaira with children. Just all of them.
- Every conversation about sex between the Arrows and Arrow adjacent Psy.
- The Bears. Just… Everything about them.
I contemplated jumping into my least favorite things (aka Clay slut shaming Talin for WAY TOO LONG), but decided I just really don’t feel like it. Please let me know your favorite moments in the comments below!